Agricultores Federados Argentinos Limited Cooperative Society was founded on November 3rd 1932 by a group of 28 farmers that were members of Federación Agraria Argentina (FAA).
The conviction of its pioneers and the appeal for solidarity in those hard times were the tool that allowed the further development of its social basis. At the end of its first year, the cooperative was formed by 2,000 Associates.
Since the foundation until 1950, AFA’s administrative structure was different to the current structure and its area of influence which covers most of Santa Fe, Córdoba, Buenos Aires and a large part of Entre Rios. In these places, production agents were in charge of channeling the operations through the head office in Rosario or through its local office in Buenos Aires.
From 1950 on, the Primary Cooperative Centers were created and together with the Sub- Boards (nowadays called Local Consultant Boards) and permanent staff. So a period of institutional consolidation had begun.
Most of the Primary cooperative Centers that exist today were founded between 1950 and 1960. A few of them were founded in the 1970s and the last ones were Chovet in 1984 and Serodino in 1991.